Complaint regulation

Our staff members will make every effort to provide you with the best service. If you find that our staff members did not properly serve you or didn't handle your application correctly, you can submit a complaint. We will be glad to look for a solution with you. 

What complaints do we handle?

We have to comply with national and international regulations for registering and issuing permits and legal licences. We will handle complaints about issues that are within our control, such as: 

  • the behaviour of staff members or parties that work on behalf of Kiwa Register;
  • a failure to meet promised deadlines or comply with agreements;
  • incorrect or incomplete information on issued licences and/or documents;
  • our availability.

We don't handle any complaints that relate to the following: 

  • legislation;
  • government policies;
  • fees determined by the minster;
  • competencies that may or may not have been granted to you;
  • designation;
  • test results under the temporary exemption regulation;
  • cases that are older than one year.

Do you disagree with a decision (designation) that was made on behalf of the Minister of Infrastructure and Environment? You may file an objection within six weeks of the decision date with the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT). The ILT mailing address is listed on the decision that you received from Kiwa Register.

What happens with your complaint?

After we receive your complaint, we will send you a written confirmation and contact you by phone. You will then be given the opportunity to further explain your position. If needed, you will receive a written record of the conversation. The time limit for handling your complaint is six weeks, but you will be contacted by phone within five business days. The complaint will be handled by a different person than the person who is involved in the issue of your complaint. 

What information do we need from you?

To properly handle your complaint we need some information from you. Please include the following information in your digital complaint form or in your letter: 

  • your name, address, email address and a phone number where we can reach you during office hours;
  • the product and file number of the application to which your complaint refers;
  • a clear description of your complaint;
  • any attachments to support your complaint.

How do you submit a complaint?

There are two ways to submit your complaint: 

  1. Online, via the complaint form.
  2. In writing, addressed to:
    Kiwa Register B.V.
    to the attantion of the Complaint Coordinator
    Postbus 4
    2280 AA Rijswijk (Zuid-Holland)